As playgroups look at resuming face to face playgroups sooon, there are a number of areas that need to be considered so families and your team feel that measures are in place to keep everyone as safe as possible. The information on this page does not replace any official advice. It is intended to prompt you to think or ask about changes you might need to prepare for and implement so your playgroup is able to start again.
Getting Back to Playgroup Booklet
Posters and Fact Sheets
Check out the “Healthy and Safe at Playgroup” Posters and Fact Sheets from Playgroup Australia here: Covid-19 Posters and Fact Sheets
FAQ’s on Covid-safe Playgroup
In response to a number of CPN member queries over the last few weeks about when Playgroup may return and what Playgroup might look like, the CPN Committee would like to highlight a number of things to consider before going back to Playgroup.
Please read, discuss with your playgroup team and church leaders, and make considered and careful decisions: Getting back to Covid-safe Playgroup
Connection & encouragement while staying Covidsafe
It’s been a couple of months since the physical shape of our churches changed dramatically.
Around our churches through Covid-19 . Here are just a few of the ways our playgroups are continuing to bless our families. Around the churches through Covid-19 We’d love to hear what you are doing to stay connected with your families so we can share it with our CPN members. Send your story as well as a photo to email@example.com
This resource from Christian Community Churches (CCCVaT) offers a framework to make thoughtful decisions at the local church level as we continue to respond to the restrictions of Covid 19.
In your pack that you received by post from the CPN Committee (that included a yummy chocolate to enjoy )….. there were a few helpful articles .
- The ‘Covid-19 Resources’ article provided some useful information and links to access for support and advice at this season.Covid19 Resources by Rosemary
- Alyson wrote a great article ‘Still no use-by date’STILL NO USE-BY-DATE by Alyson Prescott
Other helpful Facebook groups and websites to check out for ideas or to pass onto your families :
- Playgroup Victoria provide play ideas to use at home. https://www.playgroup.org.au/playgroup-at-home/
- the ‘Playgroup at Home SA’ Facebook group provide live sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:30am
- Have you seen the FREE online music sessions for preschool children? The ‘mainly music and mainly play‘ Facebook group are providing regular song & rhyme sessions for you to share with families.
- Sue at Berwick Church of Christ is posting regular videos to connect with the families. https://www.berwickchurch.org.au/connect/children/online-kids-church
The following ideas have been made available by Baptist Children & Families Ministries NSW & ACT https://baptistcfm.org.au/children-and-families-in-the-community/playtime/playtime-resources/
Maintain the routine
- Divide the contacts amongst the playgroup team and everyone call people from the group at the usual playgroup time slot.
- Provide a 10 minute online video meeting with a short story or nursery rhyme to say hi to everyone.
- Playgroup in your letterbox delivered on the day of playgroup – Molong Baptist have found this a great way to support families; the playgroup content is just the tool for greater conversation and checking in with people or delivering supplies they need so they don’t have to leave home with young children.
Some ideas to stay connected and show care
Celebrate birthdays – check your birthday list and send birthday cards to children and adults. How special it is to get a card in the post! Make a video call (e.g. Facetime or Whats App) and sing Happy Birthday.
Commit to phoning families regularly and often (weekly?) to share news, check how they are going and determine if they need more follow up or specific care.
Set up a Whats App group (with permission to share contact details) or closed Facebook group for playgroup families to share news and stay connected.
Join the ‘Christian Playgroup Network‘ Facebook group to see what other playgroups are doing and to share what your playgroup is doing.
Connect with a friendly CPN team member through our Contact Us page.
For more resources and support for your playgroup ministry become a member today to access the many helpful resources in the members only section. Apply to become a member through our online membership application.